NOSINGS & TRIMS
To achieve the most favourable performance, please follow
maintenance instructions below.
1. Regular maintenance of the stairnosings will help prolong
the life of the product.
A build up of dirt
and grease can prove hazardous and
also affect the appearance of the profile.
2. Firstly, any excess dirt should be removed by using a
cleaner or a soft bristle brush.
A harsh bristle will mark
3. The UPVC should then be cleaned by using a soapless,
detergent in warm water on a damp cloth.
They should then
with clean water, again using a soft, damp cloth.
4. Polishes will reduce anti-slip properties and solvent
cleaners are not
5. Wet stairnosings are hazardous, therefore if the nosings
the area should be cordoned off until dry.
1. A build up of dirt and grease will reduce the anti-slip
properties of the insert.
2. Polishes, sealants or any other coatings should not
be applied to PVC inserts, as they too will reduce the
anti-slip properties of the insert.
3. PVC inserts and UPVC channels should be cleaned with
4. Strong detergents must not be used on pvc stair nosing
inserts as this may cause fading of the insert colour.
5. In the event of excessive build up of dirt and grease,
a gentle rub down of the insert with a lightweight
will reproduce a key to the surface.